We are always on the look out for products that will make our clients’ lives easier.
Here are some examples of products that may be of interest to you:
- Grated drains – to allow step free entrance into your home and shower
- Handles and hardware on taps and doors that are easy to use
- Internal doors wide enough for wheelchairs
- Kitchens – can be designed for wheelchair access or built so that they can be simply modified in the future for special access if needed.
- Light switches and Powerpoints – are easy for everyone to use and reach
- Toilets – careful selection can make cleaning and access much easier
- Raised garden beds – can prevent the need to bend over to garden
- Fold-away beds – are an excellent space saver hidden within a joinery cupboard. They are convenient to have on hand for visiting guests. These can basically save you a room in the house, allowing you to use that room for other interests whenever guests are not staying.
- Storage – when building we see lots of opportunities for storage in wasted spaces. If storage is important to you, we’d love to maximise it for you.
- Integrated technology – can be incorporated to design a smart home that allows you to control window furnishings, heating / cooling, garage door, security and lighting all from a personal device.
While you may not need these types of inclusions now, we like to design our homes to make changes easy later. For example, as standard we install plywood to the bathroom walls, so that if you ever need to install grab rails in the future, it is a cheap and easy exercise, rather than a major headache.